- Murrysville Community Park, Field 6 (Uppermost Field) 4056 Wiestertown Road Export, PA 15632
- These events are weather dependent so if it is a cloudy night or raining the Star Party will be cancelled
- Join the Amateur Astronomers Association of Pittsburgh & The Murrysville Recreation Department for out of this world night-sky viewing!
Saturday, June 13, 2020
Sunset is at 8:50 p.m. but guests should arrive at 8:30 p.m. for a short presentation on star gazing and the universe. After the presentation guest will be able to view the sky through the privately owned telescopes of volunteer members from the AAAP. This is a FREE event but registration is required and will be available on our Facebook event, which will be linked here once it is publicized.
Friday, July 17, 2020
Sunset is at 8:46 p.m.and guests will be able to view the sky through the privately owned telescopes of volunteer members from the AAAP. This is a FREE event but registration is required and will be available on our Facebook event, which will be linked here once it is publicized.
- Bring a lawn chair or a blanket, bug spray, and your curiosity. The evenings can get very chilly and damp, please dress for the weather
- Please no smoking anywhere on the field (it harms the telescopes)
- Refrain from using flash lights (unless covered by red cellophane)
- Do not use cell phones (unless covered by red cellophane)
- Use headlights with caution and with a red lens. The white light ruins night vision.
- Cloudy skies and rain will cause the event to be cancelled.
- Members of the public are encouraged to bring their own telescopes and ask questions.
- Please be aware that the equipment is very expensive and fragile and is the volunteer’s personal equipment. NO sports balls, running, or playing near the equipment will be tolerated.
- Bring curiosity and have fun!