The Planning Commission shall advise Council, the Mayor, and the Planning Department upon all matters related to planning and development in the Municipality. It shall function as the planning agency for the Municipality in all matters prescribed by law which are not assigned by this code to the Planning Department.
Powers and Duties
- Prepare and update the Comprehensive Plan for development of the Municipality as set forth in Act 247 and present it for the consideration of Council.
- Maintain and keep on file records of its actions. All records and files of the Planning Commission shall be in the possession of Council.
- Make recommendations to Council concerning the adoption or amendment of official maps.
- Prepare and present to Council a zoning ordinance and make recommendations to Council on proposed amendments to it as set forth in Act 247.
- Prepare and present to Council subdivision, land development, and planned residential development ordinances and make recommendations to Council on proposed amendments to it as set forth in Act 247.
The Planning Commission meets the FIRST and THIRD Tuesday of each month at 7:00 p.m. in the Municipal Building Council Chambers.