Murrysville is a mandated recycling community under Pennsylvania State Act 101. Residents, businesses, schools, and non-profit organizations are required to recycle. Below are the items that should be recycled on the residential automated recycling program.
To obtain Trash Tag Stickers, contact Verdale Price at 724-327-2100 ext. 104.
To view you recycling schedule please visit Republic Services, all you need to do is provide your address.
To set-up your trash and recycling account, please call Republic Services at 877-788-9400 (toll free).
Missed Pick-Ups or Other Recycling Concerns
Please call Republic Services first at 877-788-9400, so that they can address your concern immediately.
Order a Wheeled Cart for Curbside Recycling
Please call Republic Services at 877-788-9400 (toll free).
No need to sort.
- Aluminum Cans (please rinse out cans)
- Cartons with Gable Tops (Most are opened by pushing open the gables at the top, such as a small container of creamer or milk.)
- Chipboard (pasta and cereal boxes, tissue boxes, paper towel rolls, etc.)
- Clean pizza box tops
- Corrugated Cardboard (boxes must be flattened/cut to fit inside cart - not wedged)
- Hardcover books (hardcover must be removed)
- Juice/soy boxes
- Junk mail
- Milk boxes (aseptic containers)
- Milk or Juice
- Newspapers and Newspaper inserts
- Office Paper
- Paperback books
- Phone books
- Plastic Numbers 1 and 2 (check the number inside the triangle, located on the bottom of the plastic item – Styrofoam/packing material is not recyclable)
- Shredded Paper
- Steel and bi-metal cans (please rinse out cans)
- Wrapping Paper (without foil backing)
- Aluminum pie plates and foil
- Batteries of any kind
- Bubble Wrap
- Cloth, and Fabric
- Construction Waste
- Dishes, pots, and pans, this includes any type of dinnerware, including:
- Corelle and Pfalzgraff
- Drinking glasses
- Freezer food packaging
- Garbage, food waste
- Garden Hoses
- Greasy Pizza Boxes
- Light bulbs: christmas lights, fluorescent light tubes, CFL bulbs, light bulbs
- Meat or cheese plastic wrapping or paper packaging
- Medical waste
- Paper plates
- Plastic bags or wrapping film
- Plastic deli, product or take-out packaging or utensils (even though you may see a number in a triangle on the item, it is not recyclable)
- Plastic toys
- Scrap metal
- Soiled paper
- Styrofoam (pellets and formed)
- Wax or plastic wrap or bags
- Wax-coated paper products e.g. milk cartons
- Window or sheet glass
- Yard Waste