The Department of Administration shall be responsible for functions of the Chief Administrator, James Morrison, and assisting departments, boards, commissions and units of the Municipality in carrying out their duties.
The Department of Administration shall be headed by the Chief Administrator, James Morrison, who shall be responsible for the performance of the functions of the Department.
Administer the personnel system of the Municipality subject to the provisions of law, the Charter or ordinance, including such matters as:
- Recruiting and recommending persons for municipal employment.
- Developing and maintaining the position classifications and pay plans.
- Participating in and administering labor relations programs, including contract negotiations, contract administration and related programs.
- Developing and maintaining personnel rules and regulations.
- Assisting departments in developing and conducting employee training and development programs.
- Assisting departments in preparing personnel planning programs.
- Reviewing, analyzing and recommending improvements in the administrative organization and procedures throughout the Municipality.
- Assisting departments and other units of the Municipality in the development of administrative manuals and in the solution of administrative and organizational problems.
- Performing such research and studies as the Mayor may direct.
- Preparing and carry out public relations programs.
- Maintaining property and inventory records.
- Providing staff assistance to boards and commissions, where appropriate.