STUDENT RECOGNITION NIGHT
Mayor Synan recognized the following students for their outstanding accomplishments and presented each with a meritorious citation. Congratulations and good luck to all.
- Tina Henniger and Courtney Sheridan – FRobotics Team: Tina and Courtney place in the finals at the Pittsburgh Regional Competition and advanced to the first World Championships in Detroit April 24-27.
- Jack Culley – Franklin Regional Band: Jack was selected to perform with the Pittsburgh Symphony Orchestra as part of their student side-by-side program.
- Bhav Jain – Valedictorian: Bhav was chosen Valedictorian for the Franklin Regional School District for the 2018-2019 school year.
- Meghna Iyengar – Salutatorian: Meghna was selected Salutatorian for the Franklin Regional School District for the 2018-2019 school year.
- Nick Leopold – All Conference in both Football and Basketball: Nick was named All-Conference Athlete in both football and basketball.
- Carter Dibert, Sophomore – State Wrestling Champion: Carter captured the PIAA State Wrestling Championship in the 106 lb. weight class on March 9th in Hershey, PA.
COUNCIL ACTION ITEMS:
- Approve termination of contract with Nationwide Cleaning Service
- Award a month-to-month contract with Vanguard Cleaning Systems
- Approve exoneration and exemption of real estate taxes for two parcels located in Heritage Estate parcels that were accepted by the Municipality as detention ponds.
- Approve a contract with Shaw Integrated Solutions to prove and replace carpeting at the Community Center
- Cancel July 3rd and 17th Council Regular Voting Meeting and reschedule for July 10th and 24th
The next meeting will be Wednesday, May 1, 2019.
Approved minutes of previous meetings can be found under Agendas and Minutes on the homepage.