THE MUNICIPALITY OF MURRYSVILLE RECOGNIZES FORMER FRANKLIN REGIONAL HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL COACH GREG BOTTA
Mayor Synan read Proclamation No. 214-21 proclaiming Wednesday, April 21, 2021 as Coach Botta Day. Coach Greg Botta is retiring after 27 years of committment to the Franklin Regional Athletic Department and Football Team. He was one of the longest-tenured coaches in the WPIAL. He led the Panthers to the WPIAL playoffs 16 consecutive years from 1994-2019. Botta won seven conference titles in his time and WPIAL and PIAA titles in 2005. Coach Botta was the 2005 Post-Gazette Coach of the Year.
Council Action Items:
- Council authorized advertising of Ordinance No. 1043-21, an ordinance regulating "No Parking" on Millstream Court from School Road North to Treesdale Court.
- Council approved Resolution No. 735-21, disposing of certain municipal records in accordance with the State Records Retention Act
- Council approved the Kish Boutique Site Plan, SP-3-21, 4373 Old William Penn Highway. The application is for the addition of parking in the front yard to provide additional spaces for the customers of the businesses in the building, M-U District
- Council approved the Kish Windows and Doors Site Plan, SP-1-21, 6337 and 6339 Old William Penn Highway. The application is to convert the existing non-conforming structure into a warehouse, R-3 zoning.
- Council approved authorization to enter into an Excess Maintenance Agreement with Peoples Gas via Toy Pipeline Contractors to utilize 0.31 miles of Sandune Drive, 0.83 miles of Laurel Oak Circle, 0.95 miles of Logan Ferry Road, 0.53 miles of Remaley Road, 1.82 miles of Bulltown Road, 0.74 miles of Sardis Road, 1.4 miles of Mamont Road, 0.125 miles of Hills Church Road, 0.28 miles of Crowfoot Road, 0.14 miles of Longview Court, and 1.02 miles of Northlawn Circle for a total of 8.145 miles of Murrysville roads to replace a portion of an existing pipeline.
- Council approved entering into a Conservation Partnership Agreement (CPA) between the Westmoreland Conservation District (WCD) and the Municipality of Murrysville for plan review, inspection services and MS4 support.
- Council approved awarding contracts for various road materials and line painting for the Department of Public Works for the contract year of June 1, 2021 to May 31, 2022.
- Council awarded a three year contract to Wildlife Control for the Deer Carcass Removal Program.
The next Council meeting will be Wednesday, May 5, 2021 at 7:00 p.m.
Approved minutes of previous meetings can be found under Agendas and Minutes on the homepage.