Carol Siefken, Children’s Librarian, discussed the Summer Reading Program. The Library is commemorating the 50th anniversary of the lunar moon landing with the theme, A Universe of Stories. Children can fuel their summer with free reading programs, cosmic contests, and lots of learning challenges. Children from babies through teens are invited to summer reading mission control at the Library to launch their summer reading. Monday, June 10th the summer reading club will open with registration on their website www.murrysvillelibrary.org or in person.
A Public Hearing was held regarding transfer of liquor license for Buon Cibo Grill. The applicant is requesting a resolution from Murrysville Council which would permit the inter-municipal transfer of a liquor license from North Belle Vernon Borough to be used at Buon Cibo Restaurant, an Italian restaurant, located at 4556 William Penn Highway.
COUNCIL ACTION ITEMS:
- Council approved Ordinance No. 1009-19, an ordinance authorizing the Municipality of Murrysville’s joinder and participating in an intergovernmental police mutual aid agreement with other municipalities for the training, deployment and compensation of specially trained officers for the purpose of responding to police emergency situations.
- Council appointed the various members to the Murrysville Parks and Recreation Foundation Board and authorize the execution of the Memorandum of Understanding. The seven member board will be:
- Mayor or designee: Mayor Synan
- Council member or designee - Loren Kase
- Member of Parks & Recreation Commission - Dave Metzger
- Recreation Director - Carly Greene
- Finance Director - Diane Heming
- Citizen at large - Thomas Vincent
- Citizen at large - Douglas Ekeroth
- Council approved exemption and exoneration of the municipal real estate taxes for:
- Map No. 49-07-00-0-066 The Murrysville Community Park acreage
- Map No. 49-11-10-0-048 The roadways in Serenity Point plan of lots
- Council approved reduction of the sequestered fund amount being held for the required improvements at Bella Molise Development
The next Murrysville Council meeting is June 19th.
Approved minutes of previous meetings can be found under Agendas and Minutes on the homepage.