Is a burning permit required?

The answer is, “yes, you do!" You’re not permitted to burn trash and recyclables. But, for items like large tree limbs, you’ll need a burning permit. The cost is $5 for 5 years. View the Burning Permit (PDF) to fill out and mail in the form. 

By the way, open burning is permitted Tuesday through Saturday, 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. We recommend standing by with the garden hose for safety purposes.

Show All Answers

1. Is a burning permit required?
2. What residential permits are required?
3. What residential building codes are enforced?
4. Are there setback requirements for building permits?
5. Are horses and other livestock allowed in Murrysville?
6. Who should I contact for specific inquiries?
7. I have a plan that I want to introduce to Murrysville. How long does the planning process take in Murrysville?
8. Are there fees associated with submitting an application to the Municipality?