What residential permits are required?

BUILDING PERMITS are required for:

  • New construction of homes
  • Any home remodeling that includes structural changes 
  • Additions to your property
  • Accessory structures over five hundred (500) square feet
  • Decks over three (3) feet in height
  • Swimming pools

ZONING PERMITS are required for:

  • Non-impact and home-based businesses
  • Home occupations
  • Accessory structures less than five hundred (500) square feet
  • Decks under three (3) feet in height
  • Fences
  • Sports courts

Show All Answers

1. Is a burning permit required?
2. What residential permits are required?
3. What residential building codes are enforced?
4. Are there setback requirements for building permits?
5. Are horses and other livestock allowed in Murrysville?
6. Who should I contact for specific inquiries?
7. I have a plan that I want to introduce to Murrysville. How long does the planning process take in Murrysville?
8. Are there fees associated with submitting an application to the Municipality?